jueves, 4 de marzo de 2010

No es un soneto, es un Alexandrine

In a friendship where he calls her LASS and she calls him LAD, the fondness for old fashioned english is clear. He's my favourite geek... And this is how he made my week. Thanx, lad!


Alexandrine
In flesh of glamour, in mind of style
Of garb thee were made, with flawless design
In fabled Arabic a princess by name
And Victory also! A brilliant proclaim

To write thy fair praise, in vain I essay
But even as I write, the words fade away
For such wondrous talents I cannot portray

Bards have sing thy grace, thy charm doth entwine
Words, image and sounds, they comely combine
The muses bout to see which keep with their guile
Thy gifts in all fairness, thy long quaint profile.

Of fabrics and outfits, of trends and displays
Of colours and fashion, thee know and convey
So rapture the world till the end of your days.
Juan Miguel Fernández De Larrea

2 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

que hermoso. Besos para ti y besos para Juan!

Y como te dije hace unos dias "they would be lucky to have you", pero la version adaptada, "anyone is lucky to have you!"

tq

Débora Ilovaca Leiro dijo...

as beatiful as my jolie and my JM together :)
in old fashion english and glamorous style!